Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Daily Life

I guess I'll tell you about my daily life here in Segovia. It's quite a bit different than the States and it'll take some adjusting too when I get back home.

I have class every day from 9-2. Actually, the last hour and a half, I don't have class, but I stay at school to use the internet and talk to Carl. Poor Carl gets woken up at 6 am his time every morning by me.

Breakfast, or desayuno consists of juice (zumo) and a croissant and a muffin, or a chocolate filled roll and a muffin. My senora just puts it on the table and we eat right before we got to school. We're lucky in that we live about a 3 minute walk from school.

Getting up and getting ready is difficult. There's 3 of us and only one bathroom. We have to coordinate who wakes up when and who takes a shower when.
After classes, we have lunch, or almuerzo, at 2 or 2:30. It's usually a bigger meal with meat and potatoes and fruit for lunch. Sometimes we have soup.

After lunch, we have siesta. This is probably the weirdest. It's nice, but weird. The entire town shuts down from 3 until about 5:30. And I mean the entire town. Most of the stores shut down. This is a good time to do homework, but it usually turns into a nap.

After siesta I usually either read, do homework, or wander the town. Cena, or dinner, isn't until late, like 9:30 or 10. That's the hardest to get used too. I'm usually starving by then and it's hard to resist the hundreds of ice cream and pastry shops in town. Cena seems pretty big too. We've had some familiar foods. The other day we had grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and one night we had chicken nuggets and fries!

After dinner it's get ready for bed or shower. Sometimes my roommates go out to the discoteca, or club, but I haven't been out with them. They don't leave until 11:30, and I'm usually pooped by then.

That's about our life here in Segovia. Pretty laid back. And, because I can't post a blog without pictures, here's some beautiful pictures of Segovia!



No comments:

Post a Comment