Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sights around Segovia

Sorry about the last post. I know that is was slightly erratic and didn't make much sense. I've gotten more sleep and am able to type more coherently.

Segovia is very beautiful. I definitely need to explore the city more. My senora is very nice, but she doesn't speak any English. Which is good, but it makes it interesting when we're are trying to ask her how to say a word.

I live with two other girls, Morgan and Emily. They came together from Georgetown University. They share a room and I have my own room, which is nice. The house is very tall and skinny, with four floors and two rooms on each floor. My room is on the top floor and the bathroom is on the bottom floor. Which means I walk up the stairs a lot.

Here's some pictures of beautiful Segovia!




This is the Cathedral by my school. It is THE cathedral in Segovia. It's very beautiful.


This is the Alcazar or fortress. I've taken far too many pictures of it, but it's very beautiful. They say that Walt Disney designed the Sleeping Beauty castle after this one.

This is the aqueduct. It was built by the Romans without any mortar. It's very spectacular to see. A very large section of it runs through the middle of town.

More pictures to come, I'm sure. This weekend is Madrid!

1 comment:

  1. It looks so beautiful, T! It makes me miss Europe so much!

    And yes, if you had a transfer in CDG it is a beast! That airport is the death of me.

    ReplyDelete