Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I got here!

Our flights were interesting. I had a flight from Cincinnati to Paris and then from Paris to Madrid. The long flight was okay, although I didn´t get much sleep at all. So much for that plan. I did manage to find somebody from my group, Sarah. We are flying back together as well! Our transfer was an absolute mess. First, we had to go through passport control. Picture a huge mass of people lining up waiting to get their passport stamped.

Then, for whatever stupid reason, at the airports in Europe, you can´t get from one terminal to another without having to go through security again. And that was a long wait. We didn´t realize that they had a separate line for people that had quick connections, like us. By the time we realized that, we had to go to the end of that line, which was long. Finally, they opened up another section of security and let us through quicker. Then, because I didn´t realize that I would be going through security again, my water bottle was full. I got up to security and realized it. I asked them where I could dump it out and they told me outside. I told them I didn´t have time and if I could just dump it out in the trash behind them. They said no, so I told them to just throw the whole bottle away. It made me sad. However, once I was through security, one of the security ladies came back with it. She had taken it and dumped it out for me, so they let me take it on the plane!

Then we had to run to our flight. We got on and they told us they´re wasn´t enough room for our carryons and we have to put them under our seat. Well, both of us had suitcases and a backpack and I sat there trying to shove my suitcase under the seat, feeling like a complete idiot, until a different flight attendant said it wouldn´t fit and they have to put it up front.

We finally got to Madrid and then we couldn´t find the rest of the group forever. It was kind of frustrating.

Segovia is beautiful. Just like you´d picture Europe to be like. Cobblestone streets, a beautiful cathedral, etc. I´ll have to take pictures and post them tomorrow for you all to see!

1 comment:

  1. hooray...glad to hear you arrived safe. can't wait to see pictures of spain!!

    ReplyDelete